The farm is thrilled to announce a wonderful partnership with Syracuse University’s Falk College.
We are looking for a student from the Falk College to perform a summer internship at the farm. For those unfamiliar with this program, the food studies program takes a holistic, multi-level approach to food, from production through consumption. We are honored that we can partner with this wonderful SU program.
A stipend as well as money towards transportation will be included. Possible ideas for this student to pursue include:
- Share in the responsibility of the hoop house production
- Share in the responsibility for our small orchard
- Coordinate distribution of produce with food pantries, soup kitchens and other entities who need fresh produce
- Set up a much needed educational component to the farm.
- Work with groups in the actual production of the food; assisting with planting, crop maintenance and harvesting.
- Assist with social media, fundraising and grants.
- Create/produce a much needed promotional video of the farm.
- Develop your own sphere of interest.
If interested, please contact your advisor at Falk College.